Frequently Asked Questions – Spurn Migration Festival 2016
- When will I receive my tickets for access to the event?
You can either download on-line and print off yourself or the tickets will be posted to you in early August.
- Can I bring my dog with me?
If you bring your dog with you access to certain parts of the reserve will be restricted as dogs are not allowed from the Warren gate walking South.
- Will food and drink be for sale throughout the weekend?
Yes food and drink is available from 7am on Saturday to 4pm on Sunday.
- Do I have to be on site from 7am?
No you can arrive at any time throughout the day but the guided walks start at 7am.
- Is there a vegetarian option at the Hog Roast event on Saturday evening?
Yes a vegetarian option will be available including a free glass of wine if you have bought a Hog Roast ticket.
- What time will the Hog Roast be served from?
This year the Hog Roast will be served from 5pm until 6.45pm on the Saturday.
- Is transport available free of charge to travel to the various meeting points for walks etc?
Yes transport will be available throughout the weekend to take you to the meeting places.
- Is accommodation available in the area if I want to stay overnight?
Yes accommodation is available but is quite limited near to Spurn itself. You will find some useful addresses posted on the spurnmigfest.com website to assist you in finding accommodation.
- If I don’t buy a Hog Roast ticket can I still attend the main Saturday evening lecture?
Yes that will be fine but we would ask for a small donation for this privilege.
- Will the Uni-mog be available for excursions to the point as in previous years?
We are hoping so but are still in discussions with Yorkshire Wildlife Trust to ascertain availability. Keep watching our website for updated news on this event.
- If I only buy a Saturday or Sunday ticket can I still access all the events?
Yes you can.
- Will Tea and coffee be free throughout the weekend as in previous years?
Yes, it will.
- What time does the Spurn Migration Festival start?
The overall weekend event starts at 7.30pm on Friday evening when John Beaumont will give a talk on reverse migration at Westmere Farm. ALL ARE WELCOME.
- Who are the main speakers for the Saturday evening lecture?
The main speakers for the Saturday evening lecture are David la Puma from cape may Bird Observatory in North America and Bjorn Malmhagen from Falsterbo Bird Observatory in Sweden.
- Will Mike Dilger be in attendance this year?
YES MIKE WILL BE THERE AND CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL !!!!!!